Job Title: Electrical Technician
Salary: £39k- £44k including shift allowance
Hours: 4 on 4 off working 2 days 6am to 6pm and 2 nights 6pm to 6am
We have several opportunities available for Shift Electrical Technicians to join our client, a trusted supplier of aluminium flat rolled products based in Bridgnorth.
Purpose of the role:
To detect and solve electrical faults on various electrical equipment on site. To assist the Technical Department function in the provision of a safe, reliable electrical distribution system and to ensure maximisation of plant availability through the provision of effective and remedial maintenance.
- Detect, localise, and rectify electrical faults on plant and equipment throughout the site and to carrying out maintenance or emergency repairs/inspections.
- Producing diagrams for communication purposes, explaining problems and suggestions for repair.
Instructing trainees/apprentices when necessary.
- Ensuring that logs are kept of shift activities and locations planned maintenance activities, and that job cards are completed as appropriate.
- Assist in conducting chronic and recurring Failure Elimination/Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Participating in commissioning and start-up activities of machines and furnaces.
- Assisting in the development of Standard Operation Procedures for maintenance tasks and jobs.
The ideal candidate will be educated to a minimum of ONC or NVQ level 3 in Electrical Engineering and 18th or 17th edition qualification would be advantageous. You will also ideally have completed an apprenticeship or an equivalent formal training programme in installation and maintenance that includes relevant practical experience.
You will have a strong knowledge of Siemens PLC’s and understanding the operation of AC and DC Drives and of AC/DC Motors. Experience with Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode & Effect Analysis tools/techniques. You will be a strong communicator who works well as part of a team.
Pension matched up to 7%
4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance
Health Cash Plan
Company Performance Bonus
Annual Attendance Bonus
Cycle to Work Scheme, Car Scheme & Technology Scheme
MEET YOUR CONSULTANT
email@example.com // 07738279413