Role: Specification Technologist
Hours: 7am – 4pm/8am- 5pm Monday to Friday (to fit with business requirements)
Purpose of the role:
The Specification Technologist is required to assist in building product specifications ensuring customer and legal expectations are consistently met in relation to Food Safety, Integrity and Product Quality.
- Assisting the Senior Specifications Technologist to generate and maintain Customer specifications through Customer portals (Evolve, TQC & ANDI) & labels for all site customers.
- Liaise with the artwork house and customer ensuring artworks are on track for scheduled launch and FTP dates.
- Monitor nutritional data and ensure they meet FSA and customer requirements.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure the effective flow of communication, specifically to compile information within the department and from other departments for the building of specifications.
- To assist with the approval of specifications and artwork
- Carry out any additional duties that may be reasonably requested by the Manager.
- Dealing with all associated paperwork alongside the Senior Process Technologist.
- Working closely with members of the Process Team alongside members of the wider Technical and NPD Teams on site in relation to compliance and delivery of projects.
- Supporting the commercial function with on-going business requirements.
- Work closely with suppliers for Raw Material Approval as well as Group Technical to ensure that the sites have provided all relevant due diligence information.
- Support the Senior Process Technologist and sites with trials on new/innovative equipment with the ability to measure and complete detailed accurate reports outlining the outputs.
- Understand customer expectations in relation to product durability and quality and build relationships with key stakeholders, (internal and external as well as equipment manufacturers)
You will be a confident communicator who possesses excellent planning and organisational skills along with the ability to work efficiently and to agreed timescales. You will be a highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable communicating with people at all levels. You will be computer literate & proficient with standard Microsoft packages.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.