Multi Skilled Engineer Specialist
Job Title: Multi Skilled Engineer
Salary: Upto 52,000 – DOE
Hours of Work – 4 on 4 off Days and Nights 5.30 – 5.30
Due to internal promotion we have amazing opportunities available for experienced Multi Skilled Engineers to join our client one of Europe’s leading privately-owned food processors at their site in Ellesmere in their Retail team.
Purpose of the role:
As the Multi Skilled Engineer you will possess a strong technical knowledge and be seen as the shift expert in at least one area of the factory or type of machinery. Working as a member of your shift team you will be responsible for maintaining the equipment OEE and minimising downtime. You will be accountable to the Engineering Manager/Assistant Managers but will report into and receive direction from your Engineering Supervisor regarding the day to day activities you will undertake.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Record and log maintenance requests and fault repairs, attend breakdowns and repair in a timely and controlled manner.
- Progress reporting to Engineering Management / Supervisor
- Must be proactive to complete scheduled work plans, start-up checks etc. in a timely manner
- Carryout special projects as required by the Engineering Management team
- Comply with health and safety and food safety legislation
- Liaise with the production team to ensure we supply our customer in a timely manner
The ideal candidate will be educated to a minimum of ONC/NVQ in an Engineering related discipline, you will also ideally have completed an apprenticeship or an equivalent formal training programme in installation and maintenance that includes relevant practical experience.
You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to take direction and challenge in a professional manner along with proven experience of planned maintenance systems, breakdown maintenance and installations and knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
In return we will offer you the opportunity to develop your existing skillset by investing in your additional qualifications in order to progress you to the next level of our internal framework.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.