Multi-skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Our client a leading Food Manufacturer, located in Perth, Scotland, is currently recruiting for a Multi Skilled (electrically biased) Engineer to join their existing Engineering team.
Job Title: Multi-skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Hours of Work – 05.00- to 13.30 & 8.00 -16.30 (3 weekly rotation)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems including low voltage electrical distribution, power and lighting systems and electrical machinery and appliances
- Undertaking Planned Preventative and reactive maintenance works which includes diagnosing and correcting faults
- Ensuring that jobs are completed on time in compliance with PPM plans and service level agreements
- Assist, where necessary, the works of external contractors
- Carry out day to day repair and maintenance of all equipment on site, on some occasions working in confined spaces
- To maintain a good standard of housekeeping in workshops, stores and plant rooms
- Liaison with Production to provide pro-active support ensuring maximum performance and efficiency of production runs
- Compliance with all company ISO, SAP & HACCP procedures, ensuring all works are carried out in a safe, tidy and hygienic manner
- Adherence to legislation and Company, hygiene, health and safety policies during all works in accordance with PPE requirements at all times
- Escalate issues of serious level immediately to the Engineering Manager
- To support continual improvement through identifying site improvement projects and personal development opportunities to the Engineering Manager
- To comply with company policy on all matters concerning health & safety such as risk assessments, safe work procedures
The ideal candidate must have completed an Apprenticeship or an equivalent formal training programme in electrical installation. You will have experience of working in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment ideally with a 17th or 18th edition qualification.
You will be a strong communicator with the ability to take direction and to challenge others in a professional and constructive manner.
You will have an understanding of environmental requirements and responsibilities with proven experience of planned maintenance systems, breakdown maintenance and installations along with knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
You will be used to working in a fast paced, hands on position, with the ability to maintain attention to detail whilst working under pressure in a busy working environment.
PLC fault finding experience would be highly advantageous.
In return we will offer you the opportunity to develop your existing skillset by investing in your additional qualifications in order to progress you to the next level of our internal framework.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.