We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Technician to join our client based in Doncaster, our client is a leading Manufacturer and they are keen to appoint an IT Technician to join their existing IT function.
Job Title: IT Technician
Salary: 26,000- 30,000 DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hour week
Purpose of the role:
As the IT Technician you will support the site users of factory and office systems whilst ensuring the smooth running of all IT services within the site. You will contribute to the development of the local IT function with leadership and direction given by the Head Office support team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining the smooth running and operation of local IT Services and minimising production down time by use of preventative measures
- Responsible for providing support of traceability systems and for factory floor based bespoke applications where appropriate I.E computerised product labelling systems
- Responsible for the day to day support of IT Services and ensure that the site has in place a secure and resilient infrastructure
- Support all IT hardware, software, and production based systems within a very fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Management of Backup, Antivirus, Proxy, Monitoring and Patching
- Contribute to developing and testing disaster recovery plans in line with business policy
- Maintain a list of issues and ensure that they are managed and cleared in a timely manner using our internal management systems and processes
- Commissioning of desktop and laptop hardware
- Installing and testing operating systems and software applications as advised by the Birmingham Support Team
- Communicate with Birmingham IT and other on-site department managers
- Out of hours support
You will be proactive, dynamic, motivational, collaborative and able to deliver results in a constantly changing environment. A team player with ability to be self-sufficient, you will possess strong planning and organisational skills along with the ability to be adaptable/ flexible to changing business demands. Qualifications in ITIL are also preferred.
It is essential that you hold a full UK driving license with access to your own car.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.