We have an amazing new opportunity for a HR Manager to join a leading Food Manufacturer based at their site in Burradon.
Role: HR Manager
Hours: Monday – Friday – 40 hours a week – flexibility is required for the role in line with the business needs.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide and deliver full generalist HR service across site. The HR Manager will provide a highly visible presence and concise understanding of the business. Supporting and coaching the management team on all people matters. Partnering with the site SMT to support business objectives and implement the people strategy.
- Provide timely advice, coaching and support to line managers on all HR related issues. Including disciplinary matters up to and including ET applications, grievances, flexible working applications, performance management, restructuring, absence management, ensuring business risk is well managed and escalated where appropriate.
- Take a lead role in all aspects of recruitment and selection processes, including attendance at interviews and correspondence with applicants or their representatives.
- Liaise with external labour providers to ensure their compliance with current legislation, co-ordinating with on-site co-ordinators where applicable.
- Promote performance management to leverage improvement in capability, working with managers to create a positive working culture which improves team and individual engagement.
- Work in partnership on projects to aid continuous improvement and implement improvement programmes.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of personnel records manual and electronic, ensuring compliance with both legal and auditing requirements as well as providing management information as and when required on key compliance in areas such as the Working Time Directive and Agency Labour Providers.
- Take responsibility for Ethical Audits including the administration and management of the SEDEX audit portal.
- Work with line managers to reduce short term absences; work with the Health and Safety Manager and the OH provider to effectively manage and reduce long term absence.
- Ensuring performance management process (KPIs) is being adhered to across the site and relevant reports are updated in a timely manner.
- Maintain appropriate systems for identifying, planning, delivering and measuring learning and development at site.
- Manage early career initiatives such as apprenticeships, traineeships, Industrial Placements and Graduate rotations.
You will have a proven track record of providing proactive, supportive, creative & credible advice and guidance. A high degree of self-motivation and the ability to meet the demands of a fast paced environment.
You will have previous experience working within an FMCG/Food industry covering a range of HR areas, including recruitment, absence management, disciplinary and writing HR Procedures. Working knowledge of Employment Law & Employee Relations is essential along with working in a unionised environment.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.