Health & Safety Officer
K.A.G. Recruitment are representing our client one of Europe’s leading privately-owned food processors at their site in Ellesmere on an exclusive basis to recruit a Health & Safety Officer to join their existing team.
Job Title: Health & Safety Officer
Salary: 26k-29k DOE
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 7:30- 4:00 or 8:00-4:30
Purpose of the role:
Daily site monitoring of all departments to proactively ensure compliance and establish a healthy cultural attitude towards health and safety and identify training requirement in the work force
Investigate and attend all accidents/incidents that occur and collate all information and create reports accordingly.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with current legislation, industry standards, and company procedures and be passionate to improve the management systems, identify and resolve issues
- Assistance with all audits, internal and external, HS and other regulatory visits
- Risk assessments – review and change risk assessments to ensure that all areas of the factory are assessed and are accurate
- Safe working procedures – assist with writing, reviewing and implementing new processes
- Maintain training files and matrix and ensure sign offs are up to date and audit ready
- Facilitate the induction process for new starters
- Organise H&S committee meetings
- Monitor fire detection and other essential fire control measures
- Devise and monitor a site safety plan
- Complete monthly compliance sheet returns
- Ensure isolation and lock off documentation is in place and trained out
- Train and monitor permit compliance on site
- Monitor contractor controls on site
- Monitor insurance survey actions and communicate with group
- Assess all new equipment
- Help and co-ordinate any emergency
- Liaise with Group H&S and participate in group calls
You will ideally have previous experience within a similar position and be a strong communicator both verbally and written with a confident manner and approach. You will have an excellent attention to detail and work with a motivated and collaborative approach and able to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
NEBOSH qualifications and a background within Health &Safety in the Manufacturing industry would be highly advantageous but are not essential as our client is looking for an individual who really wants to continue to pursue their career within this industry so therefore full training and upskilling qualifications are available within this position.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.