Health & Safety Manager
We have been instructed exclusively to work on a challenging opportunity for a Health & Safety Manager to join our client a leading expanding Manufacturing company based in West Bromwich.
Job Title: Health & Safety Manager
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: Competitive – DOE
Purpose of the role:
To manage and oversee the day-to-day aspects for Health & Safety, Environment and Quality whilst ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations, specifications, and industry standards.
To implement, monitor and audit all Health & Safety, Environment, Quality and Compliance related policies across the business and ensure consistency and best practice is achieved. To support and liaise with the wider business and customers to always ensure clear and concise communication.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, develop and implement standards and documentation to ensure that the company comply with the relevant corporate governance responsibilities.
- Review, set and maintain standards of Health & Safety, Environment and Quality practice and deliver relevant awareness training to staff and contractors as appropriate.
- Create, implement, and monitor standard operating procedures across the manufacturing process.
- Produce additional training materials and share best practice throughout the business. Manage essential training requirements. Maintain training matrix.
- Conduct risk assessments across the business and provide recommendations and action plan to the Management team.
- Responsible for resolving quality issues, liaising with all relevant departments, suppliers, and customers.
- Identify reoccurring quality issues and carry out route cause analysis to try and prevent further issues.
- Identify non-conformities, and put actions in place to rectify this, for example issue warnings to staff, highlight concerns to contractors etc.
- Manage accident reporting and produce H&S stats and reports for Management.
- Identify reoccurring health and safety issues and carry out route cause analysis to try and prevent further issues.
- Manage the Company’s Health & Safety policy and its operation and ensuring business and employees are aware of the Health & Safety obligations and operate compliantly.
- Manage and monitor all external audits and oversee the action plans to meet deadlines in full and on time.
- Responsible for the Quality Management System.
The ideal candidate will have had previous experience in a similar role ideally working within Manufacturing, Fabrication/Windows Industries.
This is a hands-on role, providing recommendations and suggestions, as well as proactively improving standards.
We are looking for an individual who is able to demonstrate that they have the ability and passion to drive this role forward whilst working with autonomy in an extremely fast paced environment.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.