Health & Safety Manager
K.A.G Recruitment have an amazing opportunity available for a Health & Safety Manager to join a market leading Pet Food Manufacturer based at their site in Edgeworthstown, Longford in Ireland.
Role: Health & Safety Manager
Location: Edgeworthstown, Co. Longford in Ireland
Purpose of the Role:
To lead the health & safety department and support the site operational management and supervisory team in the identification, elimination, reduction, and control of hazards to people, process, and property by maintaining, developing & giving technical, legislative & best practice guidance to enable the CRMS application at front line level within each department on site.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide leadership across the site to foster a positive Health and Safety Culture.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures and Site Safety Statement are following Regulatory Requirements.
- Be aware of current and new H&S&W legislation, COP’s, standards, and guidelines and refer to these where required in the CRMS and within risk assessments & SOP’s while ensuring the business is up to date on legislation changes, industry trends and best practices while ensuring effective communication of same within the business.
- Represent the Company during Audits/Inspections and liaise as required with The Health and Safety Authority.
- Liaise with commercial & regulatory bodies (Health & Safety Authority [H.S.A.], Longford County Council, Fire Officer, Insurers, Union Representative on H&S&W matters, and report accidents with >3-day lost time or dangerous occurrences to the H.S.A. and record details of and report all site accidents to the site’s insurer & group.
- Complete thorough investigation, root cause analysis and CAPA for all significant incidents, reportable accidents, dangerous occurrences, and major property damage.
- Work with training department and department managers in training out for induction, risk assessments & SOPs, health & safety requirements & other statutory required training to all operators with verification of competence and records of this training maintained.
- Document all incidents and near misses. Conduct and implement programmes relating to risk assessments (New Equipment and Engineering Requirements).
- Develop and maintain relationships with contractors, stakeholders, and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and standards.
- Work with project management to ensure active change management with risk assessment of new machines, new lines and processes, the change of existing lines & process layouts and process optimization work to ensure a safe work environment is delivered and maintained for people, process, property, and the work environment.
- Provide mentoring for direct reports within the Health and Safety Team.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role within a FMCG Manufacturing Environment together with a relevant Health and Safety Qualification.
You will have knowledge of H&S&W regulations, guidelines, COP’s, and best practices.
You will possess excellent people management skills and ability to identify risks and prioritize tasks with site operational management team & facilitate effective corrective action decision making.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.