Façade Structural Engineer
K.A.G. Recruitment are looking to recruit a Façade Structural Engineer to join our client, a growing structural Design and Engineering consultancy business based in the West Midlands.
Job Title: Façade Structural Engineer
Location: West Midlands
Salary: 27,000-40,000 -DOE
Purpose of the role:
The role of Façade Structural Engineer will be focussed on delivering detailed structural design and calculations for a variety of building components and materials, primarily focussed on the structural performance of facades. As the successful candidate, you will work under your own initiative to deliver projects and development works in line with company targets and requirements. You will have input into the drafting process and liaise with external installers, designers, engineers, and architects ensuring that the final design is suitable – practical, buildable and cost-effective.
- Producing code-compliant designs for various materials and systems
- Substantiating designs with formal calculations for internal and external review
- Briefing and working with designers to ensure that the engineer’s schemes are correctly interpreted
- Checking drawings and calculations produced by others
- Reviewing and interpreting technical drawings
- Responding to technical queries
- Attending design team meetings as the company’s representative, initially with an experienced designer, aiming towards unaccompanied meetings gaining confidence through exposure
- Using and developing design tools in various software packages to increase efficiency
- Contributing to the development of other members of staff – advising engineers in technical aspects of facades
- Perform site visits and inspections
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level with a minimum 2.1 classification in a Mechanical or Structural Engineering discipline, you will also have A-Level or equivalent at grades A-B in Maths and Physics.
You will be approaching or at Chartership level, and an excellent communicator who works well both independently and as part of a team. You will be able to demonstrate sound understanding of basic structural behaviour.
You will be able to demonstrate sound reasoning, engineering judgement and problem-solving skills, and ideally have experience in design of various structural materials – steel, aluminium, glass, timber and masonry – and be keen to share this with the rest of the team.
You will be fully conversant with MS office and other common desktop packages and ideally have some experience with 2D and 3D CAD and FEA packages. Basic knowledge of programming would be highly advantageous.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.