We currently have a fantastic new opportunity available for a Despatch Manager to join our client a leading Food Manufacturer based at their site in Ellesmere, Shropshire in their existing team.
Job Title: Despatch Manager (Day Shift with the potential long term to become a Nights position)
Location: Ellesmere, Shropshire
Salary: £40,000 DOE
Hours: Days Mon-Fri (7am to 3 30pm with 1 Sat in 5)/Nights Mon-Fri 4pm to 1am)
Job Type: Permanent
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Site Despatch and project budgets
- Manage the receipting, despatching and progress chasing of Raw Material items to meet production requirements.
- Manage the procedures on receipting, issuing, despatching and stock taking to ensure the accuracy of stock data
- Manage Stock Holding Locations to ensure space is used effectively
- Ensure all stock is rotated accurately at all times
- Manage the reconciliation of monthly stock data for accurate financial reporting
- Ensure correct procedures are in place and adhered to on raw material returns through to invoicing
- Reconcile stock returns and credits received from suppliers liaising with internal departments/ colleagues
- Manage any Raw material issues/ shortages and liaise with planning to resolve without impact to production
- To ensure awareness and compliance of site HACCP procedures
- Ensure competent communication with customer logistics departments including support out of hours in order to maintain customer service levels
- Daily Operating reports completed and correct and distributed on time
- Daily manning & overtime requirements to be reviewed daily to meet site KPI’s
- Advise immediately to management any damages caused to vehicles, equipment and premises
- Ensure all third party vehicle drivers are made fully aware of the site safety and security procedures
- Daily Yield & Operational reviews are achieved
- Manage crates & pallets – Reconcile receipts and despatches, ensure variances are controlled and communicated
- Incorporate lean processes with departments
- Adhere to current legislation with regards to safe food production
- Comply with Company Policy to ensure the adherence on all matters concerning Health and Safety
The successful candidate will have proven experience working within a Food /FMCG Manufacturing environment. You will be a strong communicator with the ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment with the ability to multi-task.
You will have excellent attention to detail with strong IT and Excel skills and have a numerical mindset in order to improve despatch efficiencies.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.