We have an exciting exclusive opportunity available for an Abattoir Manager to join our client at their site based in The West Midlands.
Job Title: Abattoir Manager
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Upto 60,000 Package
Hours of Work: 06.30 – 16.30 (In line with business needs)
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient running of the Slaughter Hall and associated areas that include, Lairage, Carcass Chillers, By Product Production areas, office amenities and outside areas. Opportunities are available for successful candidates to grow within the role whilst supporting the General Manager to achieve maximum output, quality and yields. This is an incredible opportunity to develop your career at an expanding site that has continuous development goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing a team of up to 100 operatives
- Ensure agreed throughput targets are met and work is completed to production deadlines in accordance with animal welfare requirements.
- Strive for continuous improvements in efficiency.
- Ensure all legal, company and site requirements are met regarding livestock.
- Adhere to current legislation with regards to safe food production and compliance of H.A.C.C.P. procedures.
- Monitor product quality against customer specification through liaison with the Technical Department.
- Operate Company Best Practice – in accordance with Company Policy.
- Ensure best practice at all times for control of staff, product environmental hygiene – communicate a ‘clean as you go’ policy to all employees.
- Continuously review staffing levels to ensure adequate manning levels in line with budget.
- Manage utilisation of department resources, labour and machinery effectively and efficiently.
- Review skills levels of all employees against training skills matrix on a regular basis to ensure continual development and improved skills level within team.
- Ensure all relevant checks are carried out and daily records are maintained to site and company standard.
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with other departments and site and external bodies such as FSA etc.
You will ideally have previous experience of working in a high throughput red meat processing business. You will possess excellent people management and influencing skills and have the ability to communicate well in written and oral form with multi-nationals on all levels essential.
Excellent attention to detail and strong leadership experience is required to be able to drive the business forward and a focus on continuous improvement is also highly advantageous.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.