Third Line Support Engineer
We have an exciting exclusive opportunity available for a third Line Support Engineer to join our client a market leading food Manufacturing organisation in their existing team based in Birmingham.
Role: Third Line Support Engineer
Salary: 36,000 – 38,000 DOE
Location: Birmingham/Hybrid (Travel required across UK sites)
Purpose of the Role:
With responsibility for ensuring that the IT services in all sites are running optimally, your aim will be to ensure that our systems are available whenever the business requires them. This is a demanding role within a busy IT function, where no two days are the same – if you’re up for the challenge then read below for more information.
- Work as part of the Service and Operations team with responsibility for the day to day application of the Operations activities and support the IT Operations Manager to identify operational risks and provide recommendations on corrective actions.
- Work with the Operations Manager to advise, agree and continuously improve Capacity Management, Availability Management, Event Management, Release Management and Change Management processes to assist in delivering a pro-active IT Service.
- Work with all relevant functions to ensure the Governance tools cover all operational areas (such as back-ups, system maintenance, patching etc.) and ensure support is provided where issues affect the completion of operational tasks.
- Take responsibility/delegated ownership for the effective resolution of major incidents, either with workarounds or permanent resolution.
- Act as a delegate on the Change Advisory Board and work with other functions in relation to the release of changes into the production environment.
- Reduce any uncertainty in present or future demand of services whilst controlling unnecessary risks and costs. This includes predicting business demands and where necessary, regulating the demand from business.
- Ensure that the level of service availability delivered in all services is matched to or exceeds the current and future agreed needs of the business, in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide input and carry out activities to ensure that correct security procedures are adhered to, and to take corrective measures where necessary to ensure maximum system availability.
- Prevent Incidents from happening and minimise the impact of Incidents that cannot be prevented.
- Work with the relevant IT functions to deploy robust and resilient infrastructure and preventative solutions.
- Ensure detection of Events, analyse them and determine the appropriate course of action.
- To provide service quality control and associated checks for the IT Operations function
- Travel to other locations within the business to perform relevant analysis.
You will have previous experience in a similar role ideally within the FMCG sector. Also, ITIL v3 or 4 qualifications are desirable. Experience with Cisco Networking (switches & access points) & Aruba will also be an advantage.
A full driver’s licence and own transport is essential for this opportunity.
MEET YOUR CONSULTANT
email@example.com // 07808674799