Due to continued growth, we have a new opportunity available for a Senior Engineer to join our client one of Europe’s leading privately-owned food processors at their site in Doncaster.
Job Title: Senior Engineer
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri (Flexible, depending on workstream) 07.00-16.30
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be required to provide technical support in electrical and mechanical disciplines in the correction, prevention and elimination of technical problems across the site.
You will assist in the smooth running of the factory, ensuring that the business needs and targets are always met and will provide effective electrical/ mechanical engineering support and carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance, with electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics duties.
- To ensure machinery and services are maintained via PPM to meet individual department requirements, utilising the most appropriate maintenance regime.
- Scope out and deliver continuous improvement projects in line with business strategy.
- To adhere to SOPs and carry out all tasks to the best of your ability.
- Drive the BDA (Breakdown Analysis) program to ensure that root cause of failures are found and corrective actions are completed in a timely fashion to prevent reoccurrence.
- Project manage small installations. Supervising and liaising with multiple contractor groups and stakeholders to ensure that project deliverables are met.
- Record accurately, information on the CMMS system in relation to planned maintenance and breakdowns, so the information can be analysed to improve the reliability of the asset.
- Attend meetings when required by the manager.
- To liaise and communicate with colleagues and departments.
Knowledge & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within a FMCG Food Manufacturing environment, be aware of HACCP and have 18th IEE Wiring Regulations.
Understanding of Food & Beverage standards & codes of practice would be highly advantageous.
You will be a confident communicator who is looking for a challenge and an opportunity to progress working for an industry leader. You will also have a natural foresight to take both the role and team forward and be analytically minded in terms of forward planning and continuous improvement.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.