Occupational Health Nurse
We are currently working on a new opportunity for an Occupational Health Nurse to join our client a leading Food Processor at their site based in Langport
Job Title: Occupational Health Nurse
Salary: 35,000 – 40,000 DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Purpose of the role:
As the Occupational Health Nurse you will report into the Health, Safety and Training Manager; your base location will be in Langport but you will also support 2 other sites in the South West (Dorset)
You will be a leader for driving forward the protection and promotion of the health of all Employees at site. You will have direct contact with all employees on a day to day basis and have the ability to establish yourself as the go to person regarding health-related questions and problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Statutory Medical Examinations, including but not limited to; lone working, forklift, working at height, chemical handlers, driving, audiometry and night shift worker assessments
- Promote healthy living
- Provide guidance on treatment of illness/conditions
- Administer inoculations – Flu, Hep, BCG
- Administering advanced first aid triage when required
- Assisting with post injury advice and assessments
- Advising on return to works and work reintegration
- COVID-19 advice and Guidance
The ideal candidate will have previous experience within in a similar role. You will have a positive attitude, with a desire to resolve issues effectively and quickly. Due to the site’s rural location and the need to work from other sites, the successful applicant will need to have access to their own transport
Excellent communication skills are essential along with the confidence to liaise with colleagues at all levels and maintain a diplomatic yet assertive approach.
You will be a fully trained registered Nurse at Band 5 or equivalent.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.