We have an amazing opportunity available for experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our client one of Europe’s leading privately-owned food processors at their site in Ellesmere.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Hours of Work – Monday – Friday 6.30am-3pm
Purpose of the role: As the mechanical engineer, you will possess a strong technical knowledge and be seen as the site expert in all retail machinery tooling. Working as a member of the engineering team you will be responsible for maintaining key equipment efficiently and minimising downtime via world class fabrication, essential repairs, and improvement projects. You will report to the Engineering Supervisors/Assistant Engineering Managers. You will also provide first line support to both production & engineering in terms of technical knowledge and will coach and mentor the Apprentices and Semi-Skilled members of the Engineering team where required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in engineering focused activities in support of manufacturing plant and equipment performance KPI’s.
- Contribute to continuous improvement projects.
- Support sites technical issue resolution and completion of improvement actions through good engineering practices and guidance.
- Support site engineering team’s development and coach individuals towards improved performance and achievement, thereby assisting Business Units to achieving targets and key objectives.
- Deliver engineering KPI’s to ensure visibility of supply engineering performance and required improvement for site. Profit through efficiency improvements and risk management being key drivers.
- Identify and share best practice and contribute to raising awareness, improving performance, and transitioning to a “pro-active” engineering culture.
- Contribute to the development of existing and new standards for key items of equipment and facilities.
- Lead high standards of safety practices across the business.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a background involving maintenance of a busy production line involving both mechanical and electrical machinery. You will enjoy working in challenging, problem solving roles and have exposure to working in an FMCG environment. You will possess full mechanical engineering apprenticeship status and have previous experience in a similar role along with skills in IOSH, LEAN Theory – 5S, SMED, MTBT, MTBF and knowledge of using a CMMS (Computerised maintenance management system).
You will be an effective communicator and will provide flexible support across the operation, the role is aimed at applying knowledge and skills to deal with situations and identify and influence the long-term issues in order to drive continuous improvement.
You will actively seek self-development opportunities with a view to working to complete a formal education program with an intention of becoming an engineering technician.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.