International Customs Specialist
We have a NEW opportunity available for an International Customs Specialist to join a market leading Logistics business based in the Midlands.
Role: International Customs Specialist
Purpose of the Role:
As our International Customs Specialist you will be an escalation point for more complex and technical customs declarations, enquiries or issues arising from our import/export operation. You will liaise with HMRC, Border Force, our suppliers, partners or our Group in order to ensure we import or export goods in line with current regulations and UK/International law. You will lead in ensuring all import and export records are maintained in accordance with AEO requirements.
· Work with the International Customs Manager to support and advise customers on all aspects of international exporting and importing customs requirements
· To ensure internal controls are maintained to guarantee we meet the highest standards of Customs compliance
· Raise issues on non-compliance with customs regulations or UK/International law to the International Customs Manager and International Management team and ensure remedial action is completed
· Maintain records, report and resolve non compliance of Customs import and export entry declarations, EAD, MSS data and Customs seizures relating to the International operation
· Assist in conducting audits to ensure the International Operations Department is compliant with customs regulations and UK/international law, recommend and implement follow up action where required
· Assessing requirements and provide guidance for shipping goods that may be subject to prohibitions and restrictions
· Advising the business on the use of customs regimes with accurate reconciliation as required by authorities
· Advising the business and providing training with regards to Customs legislation.
· Monitoring of relevant data for customs control purposes
· Determination of customs valuation
· Development and maintenance of ETSF inventory
· Customs classification processes
· Conducting regular spot checks as required to ensure adherence to internal compliance standards
· Making recommendations on UK/International Customs requirements with other departments and DPD Group partners
· Undertake specific projects, working groups, cross functional support or other duties as required by the Import/Export Manager in order to drive and enhance the business in all areas of compliance
· Provide support to the International Customs Manager in implementing action plans for Customs projects
· Support in providing weekly KPI updates to the International Management team on Customs issues, as required
You will be required to have extensive knowledge and experience of working with HMRC and Border Force together with comprehensive customs and operational compliance in checking completeness and accuracy of customs documentation and processes.
Experience of working in an ETSF or Customs warehouse would be advantageous as would a professional qualification or proven track record in Customs Import/Export or International Trade. AEO knowledge and experience desirable.
You will be confident in using Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint and have a professional attitude along with a drive to identify and initiate change.
You will possess strong organisational skills with a keen eye for maintaining thorough records of actions taken and progress made and be an assertive and confident communicator to all levels with excellent time management skills.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity can you please complete the form below and attach your CV.