IT & Logistics
Welcome to our IT & Logistics Job Page featuring details of all live roles.
If you are interested in any of the opportunities and wish to discuss further please complete the submission form on the Contact page and advise of the vacancy that you wish to discuss further and we will come back to you.
We have an immediate vacancy for a Logistics Controller to join our client an established Manufacturer who is looking for an experienced Logistics Controller to join their expanding business.
Job Title: Logistics Controller
Location: Great Bridge
Salary: £32,000 – 35,000
Purpose of the role:
To efficiently plan delivery routes, analyse and manage the transport operations, whilst exercising cost saving initiatives without impacting on customer service.
- Plan and analyse delivery routes on a daily basis to maximize efficiency and minimise costs
- Manage 4 drivers including holiday systems for cover and KPI’s for accident levels
- Create and utilise a live delivery calendar available for sales staff to work with
- Liaise with sales and production staff to ensure orders are ready and delivered efficiently and on time (COTIF)
- Liaise with the Warehouse Manager and Stock Controller to improve and maintain a smooth transport operation
- Negotiate fuel, vehicle, maintenance and repair costs with suppliers
- Negotiate agency staff rates
- Negotiate external vehicle hire charges
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of vehicle accidents, ensuring that vehicle costs and excesses are covered by insurers
- Maintain an analytical data source showing a rolling trend in our delivery patterns, which can be utilised to formulate a future delivery framework
- Maintain an analytical data source showing anomalies in our delivery system that can be used to implement best practices
- Observe and implement continuous improvement measures in order to significantly improve our HGV accident rate
You will be experienced in both route planning and route optimisation with a strong analytical background and knowledge of creating systems to identify and limit loss-making or non-profitable deliveries.
You will possess the ability to work effectively and to agreed timelines and ideally have experience in building a fully operational logistics system. You will be an excellent communicator and possess strong IT skill
Graduate International Road Services Specialist
We have an amazing opportunity for a Graduate International Road Services Specialist to join a market leading logistics business within the Midlands.
Role: Graduate International Road Services Specialist
Purpose of the Role:
To deliver operational and service support, propose solutions and make recommendations to the International Management team. You will liaise with suppliers and partners, analyse service statistics and support the resolution of operational issues to drive service excellence
• Proactively identify and resolve service performance issues on Road Services ensuring actions are completed to improve overall service and customer experience
• Assist with the completion of Operations and Service presentations and reports for the International Management team as required in a timely manner
• Conduct trend analysis on receipt of any escalations relating to export non-compliance and submit a report of actions for resolution. Investigate customer and supplier queries or complaints relating to the International Road operation
• Monitor, record and report operational performance on a daily basis and escalate any non compliance in a timely manner to ensure service is maintained
• Provide weekly KPI updates to the International Road Services Manager.
• Support the International Management team in setting up new International accounts to ensure the successful operational implementation of new business
• Undertake specific projects, working groups or other duties as required by the International management team in order to develop or enhance the international service offering
• Supporting the International Operations Department by providing cross functional support for Offshore and Compliance teams as well as all products and services including Offshore and Compliance
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level with a minimum 2.1 classification. You will be confident in using Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint and have a professional attitude along with a drive to identify and initiate change
You will have strong organisational skills with a keen eye for maintaining thorough records of actions taken and progress made.
You will be an assertive and confident communicator to all levels with excellent time management skills
International Solutions Coordinator
We have an amazing opportunity for an International Solutions Coordinator to join a market leading logistics business within the Midlands.
Role: International Solutions Coordinator
- To deliver a pro-active service in all aspects of the International Solutions and International Mail jobs undertaken on behalf of our customers
- To provide quotations and bespoke solutions for our UK customers maintaining sustainable contribution for the business
- To provide booking and service support for the Heavyweight products
- To analyse customer profiles and attain the best service and cost provided by International Solutions’ suppliers
- To develop supplier relationships to maintain SLA’s and identify cost efficiencies for International Solutions and International Mail suppliers
- To ensure timely and accurate billing information for all International Solutions’ products
- To assist in resolution of all customer/supplier queries and complaints relating to all our International services
- To keep an administrative audit trail at all times and ensure jobs are followed through to resolution
- To provide assistance within the business with enquiries and International products and services
- To support the International Operations team by providing cross-functional support for all products and services as required
The successful candidate will ideally have experience within Freight Forwarding and have excellent interpersonal skills. You will be customer focused and organized with the ability to prioritize and plan your workload.
You will be a self-starter who takes initiative and be flexible in approach to additional duties. You must have experience in MS Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint
Graduate International Import/Export Advisor
We have several Amazing new opportunities available for Graduate International Import/Export Advisors to join a market leading logistics business within the Midlands.
Role: Graduate International Import/Export Advisor
Purpose of the Role:
As the Graduate Import/Export Advisor you will be required to validate and/or complete customs export declarations for the business within a short time window to ensure the delivery of export transit times. Also validate and/or submit import customs declarations for parcels inbound from our Group customers to their UK receivers to maintain our import transit times. This will be achieved by communicating with all parties specified above to obtain any missing information or validation required so goods can progress correctly and compliantly.
· Ensure the completion of all customs declarations in a timely manner
· Research and resolve customs enquiries
· Be able to advise customers and internal account managers on international exporting and importing requirements
· Contact customers and other members of the Group for additional customs information
· Assist with the management of ETSF storage inventory
· Assist with the management and coordination of customs inspections
· Maintain record keeping to satisfy all HMRC and Border Force requirements and accommodate internal audits
· Maintain compliance with all customs procedures
· Assist in the completion of internal AEO and Customs compliance audits
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to degree level and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Experience within a Customs Import/Export or International trade or knowledge of ETSF/Customs Warehouses would be highly desirable but not essential.
You will be confident in using Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint and have a professional attitude along with a drive to identify and initiate change.
You will possess strong organisational skills with a keen eye for maintaining thorough records of actions taken and progress made and be an assertive and confident communicator to all levels with excellent time management skills.
To register your CV with KAG please upload below:
“I honestly cannot fault anything. Every step of the way, Kate was able to answer all my questions and guide me for preparation. I wish KAG could expand to outside the Midlands as I would recommend to all my friends then! Hopefully in the future you can!”