IT & Logistics
Welcome to our IT & Logistics Job Page featuring details of all live roles.
If you are interested in any of the opportunities and wish to discuss further please complete the submission form on the Contact page and advise of the vacancy that you wish to discuss further and we will come back to you.
Lead Developer (Java)
Our client a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry is looking to recruit a Lead Developer (Java) to join their team based in Worcester.
Job Title: Lead Developer (Java)
Salary: £45,000 – 55,000 – DOE
Purpose of the role:
The key purpose of the role is to lead developments within Scrum teams to deliver new products and customer requirements and also support the company’s current technical estate.
The eCommerce team is currently developing its latest insurance broker featuring a completely new front-end built using Angular and Formly, as well as extensive back-end integration with a newly acquired modern insurance quotation software ecosystem. This role represents an opportunity to join a team during a large modernisation effort and contribute to improving the full range of the software stack from front-end to back.
- Leading cross-functional scrum teams responsible for hands-on delivery of software.
- Providing technical leadership and advocating & implementing improvements in working practices.
- Being continually aware of emerging technological trends and proposing and implementing new solutions and industry standard techniques.
- Acting in the role of coach and mentor providing support and advice to other members of the Software Development department.
- Enhancing the scalability and performance of Open GI systems.
- Delivering new customer requirements as quickly, reliably and efficiently as possible.
- Liaising with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, and QA’s to establish and implement requirements and/or resolve live operational issues.
You will have extensive experience of working on large complex software applications and databases with high volumes of data and large numbers of concurrent users.
Experience of major redesign and refactoring of complex enterprise solutions and leading software development projects in Java.
You will have experience of tackling performance and scalability issues on a large, high-throughput system, using industry-standard techniques and tools.
Use and implementation of Design Patterns and demonstrable technical leadership experience. Knowledge of General Insurance or the Financial Services industry would be highly advantageous along with exposure to working within an Agile environment.
Our client a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry is looking to recruit a Lead Developer C#.Net to join their team based in Worcester.
Job Title: Lead Developer C#.Net
Salary: 35,000 – 45,000 – DOE
Purpose of the role:
Working within an Agile environment, the key purpose of this role is to design, develop and support C# / .Net based applications. You will deliver new products and customer developments whilst supporting our client’s current technical estate.
- Leading cross-functional scrum teams responsible for hands-on delivery of software
- Providing technical leadership and advocating & implementing improvements in working practices
- Being continually aware of emerging technological trends and proposing and implementing new solutions and industry standard techniques
- Acting in the role of a coach and mentor, providing support and advice to other members of the Software Development department
- Enhancing the scalability and performance of Open GI systems
- Delivering new customer requirements as quickly, reliably and efficiently as possible
- Liaising with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, and QA’s to establish and implement requirements and/or resolve live operational issues
- Extensive experience of working on large complex software applications and databases with high volumes of data and large numbers of concurrent users
- Experience of leading software development projects in Java and .NET
- Knowledge of Node.JS and experience in Docker/containerised development
- MVC and single page application development
- Extensive knowledge of MS SQL Server and MySQL
- Knowledge of REST, SOAP, and SOA
- Experience of Cloud/Azure development
- Problem solving and deep analysis skills including ability to diagnose performance issues
- The ability to convert business and/or technical level requirements into successful implementation
Head of Product Marketing
Our client a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry is looking to recruit a Head of Product Marketing to join their team based in Worcester.
Job Title: Head of Product Marketing
Purpose of the role:
To bridge the gap between product development/management and market communications, enabling the company to build common and industry-leading products, that are nuanced and optimised by respective vertical markets. Develop and manage primary and secondary market intelligence to drive both product development and marketing/sales.
Build a product marketing function and team that sits between Product Management and Marketing Communications teams, as de facto authority within the clients vertical markets
Build and manage primary and secondary market intelligence capabilities that feed into product management and the rest of the business
Own 7Ps and drive all go to market activities, working with product management, marketing communications, support, and sales
Develop a product competitive differentiation
Work with cross-functional partners to deliver product strategies
Generate all customer-facing (by vertical) content (proposition, value proposition, differentiation, USPs etc.), working with product management and marketing communications
Drive growth from new sales, upsell, cross-sell, and retention
Maximise revenue by developing sales enablement initiatives, creation of sales tools, communication including white papers, case studies, pricing tools
Work with product managers to provide sales training for new releases and product launches
Work to set budgets and processes to ensure the most cost-effective spend of resources.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline. You will have previous commercial experience within Product Marketing, preferable B2B Saas, Fintech or Insurance with strong exposure to multiple vertical markets.
You will also have experience in establishing, building and leading a Product Marketing function working within both primary and secondary market research and analysis. You will be able to demonstrate experience of developing GTM plans and addressing 7Ps.
You will possess direct and indirect leader skills skills, strong customer service and exposure to working in pressured environment to strict deadlines
Marketing Communications Manager
Job Title: Marketing Communications Manager
Purpose of the role:
To create and execute marketing campaigns and strategies for the Group in accordance with company goals. To ensure all campaigns raise brand awareness, are effective and delivered within designated budgets
Devise a range of integrated B2B (and/or B2C) marketing campaigns to help promote the company’s brand, message and product proposition.
Hands-on delivery of campaigns from beginning to end and ensuring that they are high impact, highly scalable and integrated and appropriate for the right target audience.
Look to implement new campaign ideas (A/B) testing to maximise the effectiveness of the campaign.
Manage the procedure, implementation, tracking and measurement of marketing campaigns, within the company’s CRM system.
To write effective and accurate copy where appropriate for promotional materials and ensure accuracy, clarity and consistency for brand-language. Ensuring that all communications adopt the correct look, feel and tone that specific to the end-user.
Work with colleagues within the Marketing function to ensure all web/social media/PR aspects are utilised as part of the campaign management process.
Ensure all campaigns and communications activity are approved before being released externally.
To coordinate all campaign activity to ensure it is streamlined with internal communication procedures and processes. Ensuring that our people are informed of all marketing efforts.
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level in a relevant discipline. You will possess commercial experience within a business to business office environment, A board knowledge of the marketing mix and its deployment and strong experience of managing complex communication and events activities to a high standard.
Experience of supervising a team would be highly advantageous along with a qualification in CIM or CIPR. GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at grade C or above is essential
You will have excellent team working skills to work within the department and other areas of the business with the ability to self-manage and self-motivate to continuously expand professional knowledge
Our client a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry is looking to recruit a Research Analyst to join their team based in Worcester.
Job Title: Research Analyst
Salary: 45,000 – 50,000 DOE
Purpose of the role:
To support the development of Business Intelligence / Data by researching, analysing, interpreting and gathering data related to the markets, customers, projects, economics and operational environment.
Proactively build and maintain a library of market, competition & customer secondary qualitative and quantitative intelligence
Build & maintain intelligence databases for access & utilisation by multiple functions within the organisation
Take ownership of gathering and analysing secondary market intelligence
Support primary research and analysis programmes and initiatives across the business
Devise the methods / methodologies for researching, developing and analysing data.
Identify & prioritise key themes & trends in industry to drive vision, strategy, road map and software release planning
Provide monthly intelligence updates and research summaries including updates on market, competition & customers
Provide ad hoc project research & analysis to support business initiatives across the Business – e.g. Product Management, Product Marketing, Marketing, Sales, Business Development & Technology
Proactively identify new lines of intelligence & potential risk
Provide forecasting of market and other trends
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level preferably research related. You will possess strong relevant experience, compiling market, competitive & customer intelligence, respectively – in technology sector; ideally B2B software; optimally insurance
You will have experience working in an evidence-based Product Leadership environment, enabling timely & well-informed decision-making to drive growth along with experience in establishing a strong research & analysis function in a business that has not had such a function before would be highly advantageous.
You will be a confident communicator with strong IT knowledge including PC applications experience and have the ability to find, collate, evaluate, weight & interpret large volumes of qual/quant secondary research into meaningful and actionable intelligence; cutting through the noise, and getting to what is important.
1st Line IT Support Technician
We have a number of exciting new opportunities available for 1st Line IT Support Technicians to join our client a unique IT Support provider whose vision is to create a supportive and collaborative environment.
Job Title: 1st Line IT Support Technician
Salary: 18,000-20,000 – DOE
Purpose of the role:
Our client is looking for 1st Line IT Support Technicians to work with them across a number of sites within Birmingham.
Assisting staff and students with accessing and utilising IT assets on each site.
Assisting the business with documentation of systems using Solarwinds PassPortal.
Assisting with the monitoring and maintenance of IT system tools (including ConnectWise, Solarwinds N-Central and PRTG)
Providing onsite, telephone and email based technical support to school employees and children.
Provide aspects of desktop support and basic server support and network support.
Supporting and assisting the 2nd and 3rd line support functions.
You will ideally be educated to Vocational qualification level in a relevant discipline and have knowledge (or equivalent experience) of CompTIA N+ CompTIA A+ Microsoft desktop support or Windows 10.
You will have ICT qualifications at A level along with strong GCSE results in both Mats and English
You will have the ability to communicate clearly to non-technical users and have excellent communication and written skills.
You will be self-motivated with a desire to provide excellent IT support along with the ability to independently research problems and arrive at a solution.
An excellent understanding of Windows desktop operating systems and knowledge of windows distribution server for re-imaging of desktop machines is essential along with excellent knowledge of Windows Server operating systems.
A basic understanding of networking terminology is required along with IP addressing and how that relates to a Windows network.
Experience in terminating Cat5e cables (RJ45 plugs and Modules), Understanding of switching and routing hardware would be highly advantageous.
In-House Legal Advisor
Our client a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry is looking to recruit an In-House Legal Advisor to join their team based in Worcester.
Title: In-House Legal Advisor
Purpose of the Role:
Handling of all legal matters to support operations, predominantly customer and supplier contracts, complaints management and Group insurance programme management.
· Responsible for all legal agreements entered into by the Group, taking third party advice where needed
· Creating and maintaining Group contract templates
· Contract negotiations and renegotiations with insurer, broker and partner customers
· Investigation of matters and compilation of information and documents to support defending or pursuing legal actions
· Contribute to legal matters relating to company reorganisation and new company creation
· Undertake reviews of non-core supplier and other contracts
· Support CFO in any material corporate process (re-financing and M&A)
· Create and review governance procedures in relation to Group contract activities including identification of improvements
· Management of the complaints handling procedure
· Management of the Provider Exposure Incident process
· Management of the Group insurance programme
· Provide support to Group Risk and Compliance
· To work collaboratively with peers and staff of other departments
· Contribute to RFI responses
· Undertake other activities in accordance with the nature of the job and respond to ad-hoc enquiries
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or possess a relevant legal qualification. Having previously worked within a commercial environment you will be used to working largely on a stand alone basis with access to third party advice as required.
Experience in either the Insurance or Software development industry would be highly preferable.
International Compliance Specialist
We have an amazing opportunity for an International Compliance Advisor to join a market leading Logistics business within the Midlands.
Role: International Compliance Specialist
Purpose of the Role:
The International Compliance Specialist will deliver compliance and operational support, propose solutions and make recommendations to the International Management team. You will liaise with suppliers, partners and HMRC to maintain compliance, support the resolution of operational and service issues as well as ensuring records are maintained in accordance with AEO and business requirements.
Liaison and support point of contact for the International Management team for all areas of customs and compliance.
• Maintain records, report and resolve non-compliance including Customs EAD, MSS data and Customs Seizures relating to the International operation
• Provide documented analysis and recommend remedial actions in line with our AEO Procedures and support all AEO audit assessments
• Support the International Management team in ensuring the business is compliant with HMRC, ISO regulations and AEO procedures in relation to the international and offshore operation
• Undertake specific projects, working groups, cross functional support or other duties as required by the International management team in order to drive and enhance the business, in all areas of compliance
• Provide support in implementing action plans to any compliance and customs projects
• Record contractual penalties imposed by the company in relation to non-compliant export and import parcels and support the escalation to the CRM for corrective action
• Assist with the completion of Operations, Service and Compliance presentations and reports for the International Management team as required in a timely manner
• Support in providing weekly KPI updates to the International Management team.
• Conduct trend analysis on receipt of any escalations relating to export and inbound non-compliance and submit a report of actions for resolution. Investigate customer and supplier queries or complaints relating to the International and offshore operation
• Evaluate capacity planning for the business and recommend changes to ensure service is maintained or improved
• Monitor, record and report company operational performance on a daily basis and escalate any non-compliance in a timely manner to ensure service is maintained
• Support the International Management team in setting up new International accounts to ensure the successful operational implementation of new business is achieved.
The successful candidate will have experience within both Customs and Compliance and be competent in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word. You will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and be an organized individual with the ability to prioritise and plan your workloads.
You will be a strong team player with a professional attitude and possess the ability to communicate on all levels whilst also having a positive approach to change.
Graduate Sortation Controller - Nights
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Graduate looking to join a market leading logistics business based in the Midlands
Role: Graduate Sortation Controller – Nights
• Working alongside General Managers on a range of Business Projects.
• Ensuring that both Service Performance and Customer Experience are
performing above KPI Levels.
• Work proactively within the Business Network to assess processes and
areas for improvement and to take action to provide best practice.
• To achieve goals set by the Management Team to grow and develop
new innovative solutions. Producing information and summaries in a
clear and concise manner.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level ideally in an Engineering, Business, Logistics or Supply Chain degree discipline.
You will be confident in using Excel to an advanced level and be able to present detailed findings to senior management.
You will be a confident communicator who possesses excellent problem solving skills along with the ability to work efficiently and to agreed timescales. If you enjoy working with data and can engage with the content of your work with a ‘right first time’ mentality then this is the role for you.
To register your CV with KAG please upload below:
“I honestly cannot fault anything. Every step of the way, Kate was able to answer all my questions and guide me for preparation. I wish KAG could expand to outside the Midlands as I would recommend to all my friends then! Hopefully in the future you can!”