IT & Logistics
Welcome to our IT & Logistics Job Page featuring details of all live roles.
If you are interested in any of the opportunities and wish to discuss further please complete the submission form on the Contact page and advise of the vacancy that you wish to discuss further and we will come back to you.
1st Line IT Analyst
Our client, an established IT support company with a reputation for providing first-class solutions to its clients is looking to appoint a 1st Line IT Analyst to join their existing IT team based in Halesowen.
Job Title: 1st Line IT Analyst
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Acting as the bridge between the business, clients and project teams you will
▪ Deliver IT solutions and requirements in line with efficiency, availability and warranty demands of the business
▪ Be responsible for the efficient operations of all IT services and providing the business with first line support
▪ Assisting with the implementation and support of high-quality IT services
▪ Identify service improvement opportunities with the end to end services around IT and suggest solutions to introduce said improvements
• Results driven, taking pride in achieving objectives
• Great attention to detail
• Able to work effectively to tight deadlines and targets
• Accomplished in organising and prioritising workload
• Able to cope well under pressure
• Looking for a challenging role in which you can develop personally and professionally in line with company objectives
The ideal candidate will have previous experience within a similar role. You will also have a good understanding of IT Systems delivering solutions and be able to communicate at all levels with an excellent customer facing manner.
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level in an IT related discipline or have completed an IT related Apprenticeship and have a genuine passion to want to develop their career within an IT Support environment.
Occasional travel will be required to client’s sites therefore you must have a full UK Drivers licence and access to your own transport.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Manager to join our client based in Leeming Bar. Our client is a leading Manufacturer who are keen to appoint an IT Manager to join their IT function.
Job Title: IT Manager
Location: Leeming Bar
Job Type: Permanent
Purpose of the role:
As the IT Manager you will support the site users of factory and office systems whilst ensuring the smooth running of all IT services within the site. You will contribute to the development of the local IT function with leadership and direction given by the Head Office support team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for maintaining the smooth running and operation of local IT Services and minimising production down time by use of preventative measures
Responsible for providing support of traceability systems and for factory floor based bespoke applications where appropriate I.E computerised product labelling systems
Responsible for the day to day support of IT Services and ensure that the site has in place a secure and resilient infrastructure
Support all IT hardware, software, and production based systems within a very fast-paced and constantly changing environment
Management of Backup, Antivirus, Proxy, Monitoring and Patching
Contribute to developing and testing disaster recovery plans in line with business policy
Maintain a list of issues and ensure that they are managed and cleared in a timely manner using our internal management systems and processes
Commissioning of desktop and laptop hardware
Installing and testing operating systems and software applications as advised by the Birmingham Support Team
Communicate with Birmingham IT and other on-site department managers
Out of hours support
The successful candidate will have proven experience within an IT support background, database technologies; I.E MS SQL Server, be highly analytical with a technical skill and must be demonstrable through experience of introducing IT Services.
You will be proactive, dynamic, motivational, collaborative and able to deliver results in a constantly changing environment. A team player with ability to be self-sufficient, you will possess strong planning and organisational skills along with the ability to be adaptable/ flexible to changing business demands. Qualifications in ITIL are also preferred.
It is essential that you hold a full UK driving license with access to your own car.
Release Automation Specialist
Our client a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry is looking to recruit a Release Automation Specialist to join their team based in Winchester.
Job Title: Release Automation Specialist
Purpose of the role:
You will be responsible for the automation and management of the software release process for customers, ensuring release pipelines are followed.
- Ensure that all software releases (internal and external) meet high quality standards and are delivered to maximum customer convenience, limiting potential installation errors. This includes providing detailed installation instructions for every release and developing appropriate installation tools.
- Coordinate the delivery of the agreed strategy for automated release and deployment
- Provide support to internal and external clients to trouble-shoot installation problems
- Set up and maintain appropriate testing environments for internal application, performance, and release/installation testing
- Manage the setup and maintenance of internal operations, application development, and server testing (including restoring and configuring of SQL servers for both Development and Test environments)
- Become an integral member of SOC project delivery
- Develop, document and maintain internal procedures for the release and automation of release pipelines
- Attend meetings as required and take responsibility for any associated activities, such as chairing the meeting, production of minutes, and completion of follow-up actions
- Educated to a degree-level with a qualification in IT Management systems, or equivalent
- Experience of building release pipelines for software development and SAAS solutions
- Experience of release automation and Azure DevOps
- Good time management skills, ability to schedule work, plan priorities and resources
- Thrives in an often demanding, always busy, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent customer facing skills
- MS Office proficiency (Word and Excel) required
- Company pension
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Perkbox – An exclusive benefits platform offering a wide range of discounts and benefits
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
Lead Developer (Java)
Our client a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry is looking to recruit a Lead Developer (Java) to join their team based in Worcester.
Job Title: Lead Developer (Java)
Salary: £45,000 – 55,000 – DOE
Purpose of the role:
The key purpose of the role is to lead developments within Scrum teams to deliver new products and customer requirements and also support the company’s current technical estate.
The eCommerce team is currently developing its latest insurance broker featuring a completely new front-end built using Angular and Formly, as well as extensive back-end integration with a newly acquired modern insurance quotation software ecosystem. This role represents an opportunity to join a team during a large modernisation effort and contribute to improving the full range of the software stack from front-end to back.
- Leading cross-functional scrum teams responsible for hands-on delivery of software.
- Providing technical leadership and advocating & implementing improvements in working practices.
- Being continually aware of emerging technological trends and proposing and implementing new solutions and industry standard techniques.
- Acting in the role of coach and mentor providing support and advice to other members of the Software Development department.
- Enhancing the scalability and performance of Open GI systems.
- Delivering new customer requirements as quickly, reliably and efficiently as possible.
- Liaising with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, and QA’s to establish and implement requirements and/or resolve live operational issues.
You will have extensive experience of working on large complex software applications and databases with high volumes of data and large numbers of concurrent users.
Experience of major redesign and refactoring of complex enterprise solutions and leading software development projects in Java.
You will have experience of tackling performance and scalability issues on a large, high-throughput system, using industry-standard techniques and tools.
Use and implementation of Design Patterns and demonstrable technical leadership experience. Knowledge of General Insurance or the Financial Services industry would be highly advantageous along with exposure to working within an Agile environment.
Our client a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry is looking to recruit a Lead Developer C#.Net to join their team based in Worcester.
Job Title: Lead Developer C#.Net
Salary: 35,000 – 45,000 – DOE
Purpose of the role:
Working within an Agile environment, the key purpose of this role is to design, develop and support C# / .Net based applications. You will deliver new products and customer developments whilst supporting our client’s current technical estate.
- Leading cross-functional scrum teams responsible for hands-on delivery of software
- Providing technical leadership and advocating & implementing improvements in working practices
- Being continually aware of emerging technological trends and proposing and implementing new solutions and industry standard techniques
- Acting in the role of a coach and mentor, providing support and advice to other members of the Software Development department
- Enhancing the scalability and performance of Open GI systems
- Delivering new customer requirements as quickly, reliably and efficiently as possible
- Liaising with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, and QA’s to establish and implement requirements and/or resolve live operational issues
- Extensive experience of working on large complex software applications and databases with high volumes of data and large numbers of concurrent users
- Experience of leading software development projects in Java and .NET
- Knowledge of Node.JS and experience in Docker/containerised development
- MVC and single page application development
- Extensive knowledge of MS SQL Server and MySQL
- Knowledge of REST, SOAP, and SOA
- Experience of Cloud/Azure development
- Problem solving and deep analysis skills including ability to diagnose performance issues
- The ability to convert business and/or technical level requirements into successful implementation
Head of Product Marketing
Our client a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry is looking to recruit a Head of Product Marketing to join their team based in Worcester.
Job Title: Head of Product Marketing
Purpose of the role:
To bridge the gap between product development/management and market communications, enabling the company to build common and industry-leading products, that are nuanced and optimised by respective vertical markets. Develop and manage primary and secondary market intelligence to drive both product development and marketing/sales.
Build a product marketing function and team that sits between Product Management and Marketing Communications teams, as de facto authority within the clients vertical markets
Build and manage primary and secondary market intelligence capabilities that feed into product management and the rest of the business
Own 7Ps and drive all go to market activities, working with product management, marketing communications, support, and sales
Develop a product competitive differentiation
Work with cross-functional partners to deliver product strategies
Generate all customer-facing (by vertical) content (proposition, value proposition, differentiation, USPs etc.), working with product management and marketing communications
Drive growth from new sales, upsell, cross-sell, and retention
Maximise revenue by developing sales enablement initiatives, creation of sales tools, communication including white papers, case studies, pricing tools
Work with product managers to provide sales training for new releases and product launches
Work to set budgets and processes to ensure the most cost-effective spend of resources.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline. You will have previous commercial experience within Product Marketing, preferable B2B Saas, Fintech or Insurance with strong exposure to multiple vertical markets.
You will also have experience in establishing, building and leading a Product Marketing function working within both primary and secondary market research and analysis. You will be able to demonstrate experience of developing GTM plans and addressing 7Ps.
You will possess direct and indirect leader skills skills, strong customer service and exposure to working in pressured environment to strict deadlines
Marketing Communications Manager
Job Title: Marketing Communications Manager
Purpose of the role:
To create and execute marketing campaigns and strategies for the Group in accordance with company goals. To ensure all campaigns raise brand awareness, are effective and delivered within designated budgets
Devise a range of integrated B2B (and/or B2C) marketing campaigns to help promote the company’s brand, message and product proposition.
Hands-on delivery of campaigns from beginning to end and ensuring that they are high impact, highly scalable and integrated and appropriate for the right target audience.
Look to implement new campaign ideas (A/B) testing to maximise the effectiveness of the campaign.
Manage the procedure, implementation, tracking and measurement of marketing campaigns, within the company’s CRM system.
To write effective and accurate copy where appropriate for promotional materials and ensure accuracy, clarity and consistency for brand-language. Ensuring that all communications adopt the correct look, feel and tone that specific to the end-user.
Work with colleagues within the Marketing function to ensure all web/social media/PR aspects are utilised as part of the campaign management process.
Ensure all campaigns and communications activity are approved before being released externally.
To coordinate all campaign activity to ensure it is streamlined with internal communication procedures and processes. Ensuring that our people are informed of all marketing efforts.
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level in a relevant discipline. You will possess commercial experience within a business to business office environment, A board knowledge of the marketing mix and its deployment and strong experience of managing complex communication and events activities to a high standard.
Experience of supervising a team would be highly advantageous along with a qualification in CIM or CIPR. GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at grade C or above is essential
You will have excellent team working skills to work within the department and other areas of the business with the ability to self-manage and self-motivate to continuously expand professional knowledge
Our client a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry is looking to recruit a Research Analyst to join their team based in Worcester.
Job Title: Research Analyst
Purpose of the role:
To support the development of Business Intelligence / Data by researching, analysing, interpreting and gathering data related to the markets, customers, projects, economics and operational environment.
Proactively build and maintain a library of market, competition & customer secondary qualitative and quantitative intelligence
Build & maintain intelligence databases for access & utilisation by multiple functions within the organisation
Take ownership of gathering and analysing secondary market intelligence
Support primary research and analysis programmes and initiatives across the business
Devise the methods / methodologies for researching, developing and analysing data.
Identify & prioritise key themes & trends in industry to drive vision, strategy, road map and software release planning
Provide monthly intelligence updates and research summaries including updates on market, competition & customers
Provide ad hoc project research & analysis to support business initiatives across the Business – e.g. Product Management, Product Marketing, Marketing, Sales, Business Development & Technology
Proactively identify new lines of intelligence & potential risk
Provide forecasting of market and other trends
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level preferably research related. You will possess strong relevant experience, compiling market, competitive & customer intelligence, respectively – in technology sector; ideally B2B software; optimally insurance
You will have experience working in an evidence-based Product Leadership environment, enabling timely & well-informed decision-making to drive growth along with experience in establishing a strong research & analysis function in a business that has not had such a function before would be highly advantageous.
You will be a confident communicator with strong IT knowledge including PC applications experience and have the ability to find, collate, evaluate, weight & interpret large volumes of qual/quant secondary research into meaningful and actionable intelligence; cutting through the noise, and getting to what is important.
Our client a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry is looking to recruit a Commercial Administrator to join their team based in Worcester.
Job Title: Commercial Administrator
Process and manage Client termination requests to prevent illegal use of software and ensure correct charging.
Troubleshoot issues for Clients and assist in resolution of queries.
Pro-active review of Client data to identify anomalies. For example, inconsistent naming, conventions, incomplete customer records, minor name discrepancies or other issues that could impact on the validity of commercial agreements.
Manage the investigation process of Client complaints.
Meeting Complaint handling/Client Termination KPIs.
Reporting of Client Complaints and Client Terminations.
Checking of overriding agreements, contracts, new business orders and restructure documents
Updating various data bases to ensure Clients details are up to date, communicating this information to the wider business.
Disabling licencing under specific circumstances e.g. non payment
The ideal candidate will possess strong grades in GCSE English and Maths (C or above). You will have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Applications and be PC literate with good working knowledge of Word & Excel.
You will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and have the ability to work quickly yet accurately in a fast-moving environment.
Customer service experience would be highly advantageous however this is not essential.
International Compliance Specialist
We have an amazing opportunity for an International Compliance Advisor to join a market leading Logistics business within the Midlands.
Role: International Compliance Specialist
Purpose of the Role:
The International Compliance Specialist will deliver compliance and operational support, propose solutions and make recommendations to the International Management team. You will liaise with suppliers, partners and HMRC to maintain compliance, support the resolution of operational and service issues as well as ensuring records are maintained in accordance with AEO and business requirements.
Liaison and support point of contact for the International Management team for all areas of customs and compliance.
• Maintain records, report and resolve non-compliance including Customs EAD, MSS data and Customs Seizures relating to the International operation
• Provide documented analysis and recommend remedial actions in line with our AEO Procedures and support all AEO audit assessments
• Support the International Management team in ensuring the business is compliant with HMRC, ISO regulations and AEO procedures in relation to the international and offshore operation
• Undertake specific projects, working groups, cross functional support or other duties as required by the International management team in order to drive and enhance the business, in all areas of compliance
• Provide support in implementing action plans to any compliance and customs projects
• Record contractual penalties imposed by the company in relation to non-compliant export and import parcels and support the escalation to the CRM for corrective action
• Assist with the completion of Operations, Service and Compliance presentations and reports for the International Management team as required in a timely manner
• Support in providing weekly KPI updates to the International Management team.
• Conduct trend analysis on receipt of any escalations relating to export and inbound non-compliance and submit a report of actions for resolution. Investigate customer and supplier queries or complaints relating to the International and offshore operation
• Evaluate capacity planning for the business and recommend changes to ensure service is maintained or improved
• Monitor, record and report company operational performance on a daily basis and escalate any non-compliance in a timely manner to ensure service is maintained
• Support the International Management team in setting up new International accounts to ensure the successful operational implementation of new business is achieved.
The successful candidate will have experience within both Customs and Compliance and be competent in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word. You will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and be an organized individual with the ability to prioritise and plan your workloads.
You will be a strong team player with a professional attitude and possess the ability to communicate on all levels whilst also having a positive approach to change.
Graduate Sortation Controller - Nights
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Graduate looking to join a market leading logistics business based in the Midlands
Role: Graduate Sortation Controller – Nights
• Working alongside General Managers on a range of Business Projects.
• Ensuring that both Service Performance and Customer Experience are
performing above KPI Levels.
• Work proactively within the Business Network to assess processes and
areas for improvement and to take action to provide best practice.
• To achieve goals set by the Management Team to grow and develop
new innovative solutions. Producing information and summaries in a
clear and concise manner.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level ideally in an Engineering, Business, Logistics or Supply Chain degree discipline.
You will be confident in using Excel to an advanced level and be able to present detailed findings to senior management.
You will be a confident communicator who possesses excellent problem solving skills along with the ability to work efficiently and to agreed timescales. If you enjoy working with data and can engage with the content of your work with a ‘right first time’ mentality then this is the role for you.
To register your CV with KAG please upload below:
“I honestly cannot fault anything. Every step of the way, Kate was able to answer all my questions and guide me for preparation. I wish KAG could expand to outside the Midlands as I would recommend to all my friends then! Hopefully in the future you can!”