Engineering, IT, Manufacturing & Logistics
Welcome to our Job Page featuring details of all live roles.
If you are interested in any of the opportunities and wish to discuss further please complete the submission form on the Contact page and advise of the vacancy that you wish to discuss further and we will come back to you.
Our Feature Job
Graduate Management Trainee
We have an amazing opportunity for Graduates looking to join a leading West Midlands Public Transport provider as a Graduate Management Trainee.
Role: Graduate Management Trainee Salary: £27,000 plus excellent package Location: West Midlands
Purpose of the Role:
To undertake a comprehensive 18-month training programme across the companies various divisions, followed by further development either within a UK business or internationally.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
To undertake a series of placements across a range of locations and functions within your respective business, including operational sites and head office and support teams.
To actively seek out new learning opportunities during the course of the programme and to undertake whatever supplementary training or qualifications are required, such as; safety qualifications, management qualifications, development modules, role-specific qualifications (eg engineering, HR, accountancy) or obtaining a PCV licence.
To fully participate in the global company programme, including the completion of any work prior to and after Network events, submitting information for the companies news publication, and taking part in cross-business projects and secondments, some of which may be international.
To complete reports and assignments to a high standard and submit these in accordance with strict deadlines, including provide incisive and critical analysis of all areas of the business in which time is spent during the training programme.
To undertake specific projects as required, including conducting research, identifying business opportunities and making recommendations for improvement.
To prepare and deliver presentations on a range of business issues.
The successful candidate will be educated to Degree level with a minimum 2.1 classification.
You will be a highly motivated individual with a passion for customer service and a genuine interest in passenger transport. You will be an excellent communicator both written and verbally and possess strong computer skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and vibrant company in an all-encompassing training programme!
A full clean UK Driving licence is desirable
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Credit Controller to join a leading integrated Marketing Agency based in Birmingham.
Role: Credit Controller
Job Type: Part Time/Permanent – 22.5 hours per week
Purpose of the role:
Whilst the role is predominately credit control, there are other finance function duties incorporated. The position reports into the Finance Manager and responsibilities include:
– Ensuring a robust and effective credit control process, implementing
new procedures/timetables where considered necessary
– Debt chasing
– Debt query resolution with both customers and Account Directors
– Setting up new clients
– Performing credit checks
– Involvement/management of legal action as and when required
– Providing weekly debtor updates to the Finance Manager/Creative Services
– Daily posting of cashbook receipts and payments and allocation of cash
The successful candidate will have previous Credit Control/Accounting experience and have the confidence to implement new procedures. You will be a team player and have a confident and professional approach to query resolution. Knowledge of SAGE 50 is preferred. This is a fantastic opportunity to really make a stamp on the ledger and make the role your own.
My client, a leading Manufacturer is looking to appoint a 3rd Line IT Analyst to join their existing IT team based in Birmingham
Job Title: 3rd Line IT Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
• Design, build, test in development and promote to live new and modified IT services using the defined change management process.
• Support SLA delivery for Incident Management and Request Fulfilment through provision of third line support.
• Completion of improvement actions through the provision of expert advice and guidance for any IT systems.
• Proactively identify further opportunities within the IT framework for improvement.
• Identify and share best practice and contribute to raising awareness, improving performance and transitioning to a “pro-active” culture.
• Ensure all IT systems are free of vulnerabilities and operating efficiently.
• Provide training and support documentation to service desk personnel where incidents can be resolved by first line and provide training and support documentation to second line on new and modified services
• Experienced in improving processes and putting forwards new ideas to improve processes
• Has a fine eye for detail. Able to quickly extract relevant information from large and complex scenarios.
• Results driven, taking pride in achieving objectives
• Able to work effectively to tight deadlines and targets
• Accomplished in organising and prioritising workload
• Able to cope well under pressure
• Looking for a challenging role in which they can develop personally and professionally in line with corporate objectives
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a background of supporting IS Systems within a large and complex infrastructure. You will have experience in the provision of IT support and provide third level support in at least two areas of IT (End User Compute, Security, Networks, Servers and Storage.
You will have good understanding of IT Systems delivering solutions within multi-site, highly resilient, multi technology infrastructures along with the ability to communicate at all levels with an excellent customer facing manner.
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level ideally in an IT related discipline and hold qualifications in ITIL v3 and Prince2 and will demonstrate a background of supporting IS Systems within a large and complex infrastructure.
You will be required to travel to other sites within the business and occasional travel to suppliers will be required.
My client, a leading Manufacturer is looking to appoint a 2nd Line IT Analyst to join their existing IT team based in Birmingham
Job Title: 2nd Line IT Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
· Support SLA delivery for Incident Management and request fulfilment through provision of second line support.
· Completion of improvement actions for any IT services with support and guidance if necessary.
· Proactively identify further opportunities within the IT services framework for improvement
· Identify and share best practice and contribute to raising awareness, improving performance and transitioning to a “pro-active” culture.
· Provide training and support documentation to service desk personnel where incidents can be resolved by first line
· Produce deliverables / documentation in a timely manner and ensure they are maintained.
· Results driven, taking pride in achieving objectives
· Great attention to detail
· Able to work effectively to tight deadlines and targets
· Accomplished in organising and prioritising workload
· Able to cope well under pressure
· Looking for a challenging role in which they can develop personally and professionally in line with corporate objectives
The ideal candidate will have previous experience within a similar role and have knowledge of supporting servers and users within an Active Directory.
You will have a good understanding of IT Systems delivering solutions and be able to communicate at all levels with an excellent customer facing manner.
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level ideally in an IT related discipline and hold qualifications in ITIL v3 and Prince2. You will be required to travel to other sites within the business and occasional travel to suppliers will be required.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Production Buyer to join our client based in West Bromwich. Our client is an established Manufacturer who is looking for an experienced Production Buyer to join their existing team.
Job Title: Production Buyer
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: £26,000 – 34,000
Purpose of the role:
To effectively purchase and plan material supply to maximise production, minimise costs and assist in all aspects of managing the operation.
• Purchasing all stocked items and negotiating best possible prices
• Ensure that stock levels are accurate at all times
• Analyse sales orders and provide planning information
• Communicate to internal and external customers should any problems arise affecting delivery schedules
• Able to cover the factory manager in their absence
• Resolution and reporting of production / machine issues / defects
• Support the company in production planning
• Acting as a liaison to senior management & external sales contacts to keep them up to date with production issues, targets and improvements
• Assist with implementation of any new policies and procedures relating to the production process
• Assist with and implement continuous improvement across the office and factory environments
• Work with the factory to plan and control change
• Make stock/purchasing decisions and back these up with supporting financial/production evidence
The successful candidate will have previous experience working within a similar role. You will display a proven track record of multi-tasking along with strong numeracy skills and the ability to interpret and compare a range of information.
You will be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and proficient in Microsoft Excel. A background in Manufacturing would be advantageous.
We currently have a new opportunity for a Maintenance Assistant to join our client based in West Bromwich.
Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
Location: West Bromwich
Purpose of the role:
We are currently looking for an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Assistant. The main disciplines required would be a cross of plastering, tiling, basic carpentry, electrical and plumbing and can be used for installation or maintenance works.
• Maintain the facility/site.
• Ability to change/repair lights.
• Grounds keeping and landscaping.
• Paint and in-fill gaps or crevices (on walls, sidewalks etc.)
• Undertake light installation or carpentry (e.g. build cabinets)
• Repair equipment/appliances.
• Assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs.
• Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks.
• Identify and report major repairs.
• Comply with the Health & Safety responsibilities defined in the company health and safety policy.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working within a similar role. You will have a keen eye for detail and have the ability to work within a team or individually.
You will be self-motivated, proactive and innovative, capable of working under pressure with a methodical approach.
A UK Drivers Licence is essential.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Office Manager to join our client based in West Bromwich. Our client is an established Manufacturer who is looking for an experienced Office Manager to join their existing team.
Job Title: Office Manager
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: £28,000 – 35,000 DOE
Purpose of the role:
To undertake key responsibilities, ensure the smooth running of all office based activities for a growing manufacturing company, assist with manufacturing issues when required and undertake continual improvement projects on a regular basis.
- Negotiating costs and purchasing all stocked items
- Ensure that stock levels are accurate at all times
- Analyse sales orders and provide planning information
- Ensure that stock is readily available for manufacture
- Communicate to internal and external customers should any problems arise affecting delivery schedules
- Support the sales staff during busy periods
- Resolution and reporting of production / machine issues / defects
- Resolution of customer complains/issues
- Support the company in production planning
- Acting as a liaison to senior management & external sales contacts to keep them up to date with production issues, targets and improvements
- Assist with implementation of any new policies and procedures relating to the production process
- Assist with and implement continuous improvement across the office and factory environments
- Work with the factory to plan and control change
- Make stock/purchasing decisions and back these up with supporting financial/production evidence
The successful candidate will have previous experience working within a Manufacturing environment in a similar role. You will have the ability to oversee and deputise in the Managers absence and have a proven track record of multi-tasking.
You will be a strong communicator who possesses excellent numerical skills and be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and proficient in Microsoft Excel.
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level preferably in a Business or Numerical related discipline.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Shift Manager (Collection & Delivery) to join a market leading logistics business within the UK.
Role: Shift Manager
Purpose of the Role:
As the Collections and Delivery (C&D) Shift Manager, you’ll enjoy a business-critical role, working early mornings through to mid-afternoon, focusing on the smooth management of the C&D function/process.
Primarily working with and supervising franchised drivers, operating on a self-employed basis within the depot, your day to day responsibilities will involve:
· Ensuring all delivery & collection routes are properly set and that drivers scan and load their vans for delivery in a safe, timely and efficient manner
· Maintaining on-going communication with drivers to resolve any issues
· Ensuring adequate resources to guarantee that any ad-hoc collections are picked up either via your pool of drivers or by using couriers/agencies, as well as completing all documentation
· Keeping your team of drivers (employed and self-employed) engaged, motivated and reliable, so that all productivity, operational and quality targets are fulfilled
The successful candidate will be operating in an environment where working efficiently under pressure and at pace will be key to success, you should have a good level of people management experience, involving direct accountability and responsibility for motivating and leading a high performing team.
You will be a good communicator, both written and verbal, with strong and decisive decision-making, problem solving and time management skills. Be able to demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation, flexibility and the ability to work on your own initiative.
It is essential that you are computer literate, as well as having the ability to monitor performance and analyse data and the initiative to act accordingly.
You must hold a full driving licence and be willing to work across all 7 days.
General Manager – Road Services
An amazing opportunity has arisen for an experienced General Manager (Road Services) to join a market leading International Logistics business within the Midlands.
Role: General Manager – Road Services
Salary: Competitive Package
Purpose of the Role:
The General Manager will have responsibility for our International Road Services, Offshore and Compliance in order to deliver exceptional service to the customer. Lead and inspire the management team; International Service Delivery Manager – Road, Compliance Manager and Offshore Manager to achieve their business objectives and KPI’s whilst ensuring the business remains compliant with government regulations. Create operational solutions and deliver projects that grow the International business.
Create innovative solutions and make recommendations to the Director of International Operations that improves the compliance, efficiency and service to the customer.
Identify and make recommendations to the Director of International Operations and management team of any risks to the continued growth of the International Operations Department and the services it provides.
Ensure the business is compliant with HMRC regulations in relation to the import and export operations and remedial action is taken where necessary.
Responsibility for the protection of our AEO status and Customs approvals by maintaining records, audits and supporting the international operation to adhere to AEO standards.
To deliver Road and Offshore services that exceed the expectations of our internal and external customers in both service and revenue to ensure customer retention.
Define goals for Road and Offshore services that support the Director of International Operations’ strategic vision and take the lead to implementing them through the management team.
Proactively instigate innovative solutions for new business that supports the growth and development of International accounts.
Represent the Director of International Operations in Group projects and initiatives to deliver operational excellence and compliance to drive our international services.
The successful candidate will have excellent man management skills and be able to lead and inspire the management team. Have a strong operational background with extensive experience in dealing with Customs, Freight and AEO with a full understanding of export procedures and operational compliance.
You will have a natural passion for delivering results and meeting customers’ expectations with the ability to adapt and respond to change quickly, an entrepreneurial thinker who can formulate strategies and concepts in order to develop the future of the business. An ability to create and innovate, persuade and influence and analyse complex data is also highly desirable.
It is essential that you have an excellent understanding of HMRC regulations for International Import and Export
Graduate Insight Analyst
We have an amazing opportunity for a Graduate Insight Analyst to join a market leading logistics business within the West Midlands.
Role: Graduate Insight Analyst
Location: West Midlands
Purpose of the Role:
As the Graduate Insight Analyst you will be working centrally within the business, your role will work directly with Senior Managers in order to produce insightful reports of exceptional quality to tight deadlines which will drive improvements within the business and form part of their key business decisions.
You will work with vast amounts of data within the business, this will utilise your advanced Excel and problem solving skills to answer key questions, pulling out relevant information and presenting in a clear and concise manner.
•Strategic Pricing for Major Prospective Customers
• Compilation & interrogation of key KPIs for senior managers
• Review profitability of major existing customers
• Bespoke performance reporting for key customers
• Producing MI to support change projects and conduct impact analysis
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level with a minimum 2.1 classification in a numerical related degree and will ideally have experience of working within a similar environment. You will be confident in using Excel and able to present detailed findings to senior management.
You will be a confident communicator and you must possess excellent problem solving skills along with the ability to work efficiently and to agreed timescales. If you enjoy working with data and you can engage with the content of your work with a ‘right first time’ mentality then this is the role for you.