Engineering, IT, Manufacturing & Logistics
Welcome to our Job Page featuring details of all live roles.
If you are interested in any of the opportunities and wish to discuss further please complete the submission form on the Contact page and advise of the vacancy that you wish to discuss further and I will come back to you.
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Engineering Manager to join my client based in Birmingham. My client is a leading transport provider delivering services within the UK
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Purpose of the Role:
To effectively, plan and manage all aspects of the depot Engineering department in order to deliver a consistently reliable, safe, high quality and punctual service in line with specified targets, contractual obligations, and budgetary and commercial objectives.
• Ensure that the Engineering Health, Safety and Environmental policies are upheld by vigilant monitoring, and identify and implement resolutions for any shortcomings.
• Ensure all external contractors are managed and contract performance regularly reviewed, in order that Company and legal requirements are met.
• Ensure all vehicles are regularly serviced, thoroughly maintained and well presented in strict accordance with Company procedures, DVSA requirements and agreed budgets.
• Undertake vehicle and staff quality inspections to ensure engineering maintenance work meets Company standards with 10% minimum of the fleet audited each month. Identify and implement action plans for any highlighted concerns.
• Ensure all reported defects for vehicles and buildings are resolved efficiently and effectively, with minimal effect to the service network, and vehicle safety.
• Ensure that all Company equipment is tested and maintained at regular intervals to ensure they meet Company and Legal requirements.
• Liaise closely with Operations to ensure the prompt departure of vehicles from the garage, the operation and auditing of the defect reporting system, ensuring all staff are aware of their obligations, the role of DVSA and the need to report any DVSA checks immediately.
• Conduct safety assessments across the business as required.
The Ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of the road passenger transport sector, including all relevant legal and external regulations and requirements for the operation of passenger carrying vehicles. You will have excellent working knowledge of all daily site procedures, engineering processes, health and safety regulations, DVSA standards, and people management practices. It is essential that you are experienced in managing and motivating a team to achieve high standards of performance in a highly unionised environment.
You will hold a HNC qualification or equivalent in a related subject and either hold or be working towards a national or international CPC licence or equivalent. A qualification in
IOSH or NEBOSH would also be desirable.
Graduate Search Marketing Executive
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Graduate Search Marketing Executive to join a leading integrated Marketing Agency within their existing Digital Team.
Role: Graduate Search Marketing Executive
Salary: 18 – 22k plus performance based bonus (dependent on experience)
Managing pay per click accounts of new and existing clients
Implementing client SEO strategies both on-page and link building techniques
Writing website content as part of a search content strategy
Producing monthly PPC and SEO client reports
Communicating with clients and maintaining client relationships
The successful candidate will ideally have commercial experience constructing and managing PPC accounts, using Google and Bing paid search platforms along with a clear understanding and experience of SEO practices, methodology and link building techniques.
You will have the ability to perform detailed keyword research and have experience within CSS & HTML.
The ideal candidate will have excellent copywriting and communication skills and be able to demonstrate results and experience of previous online marketing success.
Experience of working within a Digital Agency would be highly advantageous
Marketing Account Executive/Account Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Account Executive/Account Manager to join a leading integrated Marketing Agency within their Creative Services Department.
Role: Marketing Account Executive/Account Manager
Job Type: 12 Month Maternity Cover – opportunity to become a permanent role
Purpose of the role:
This is a client-facing role within the creative services department. Covering offline design campaigns, branding projects, photography etc for predominantly B2B accounts. Working within an integrated agency the successful candidate will be required to work with colleagues in other departments covering Digital, PR, Media and Video Production. You will work across multiple accounts supported by an Account Director.
Responsible for managing client relationships through effective communication, problem solving, and responding to requests.
Ensuring that project deadlines and budgets are met, communicating and seeking approval of any changes required.
Maintaining accurate records of status reports, meetings, decisions and next actions.
Keeping the team and client up to date with useful knowledge
The successful candidate will have commercial experience working within an agency environment on fast paced, quick turnaround accounts. You will be experienced in briefing studio and taking briefs from clients and have the ability to work across a variety of accounts/projects at any one time.
You will possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to work towards timescales and budgets. Experience in print buying and presenting would also be advantageous.
We have an amazing opportunity for IT Graduates to join a market leading Manufacturing organisation and start your career with this fantastic company on a 2 year Graduate Programme.
Role: IT Graduate
Location: Rotational Scheme
Purpose of the Role:
The company’s UK IT Team provides all Information Technology services within the business and ensures that IT Services are secure, highly available, perform to a high level and meet with the business quality requirements. We cover all aspects of IT from service desk, support and operations through to IT architectural design and project delivery. They follow industry leading methodologies such as Prince2, ITIL v3 and TOGAF and work hard to deliver the IT service that the business needs to be the best at what it does.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
Your ultimate goal will be to progress towards becoming a member of the IT team at one of the companies sites in the UK. From day one, you’ll get real responsibility and the opportunity to work alongside senior management teams. Your journey will take in everything from understanding service management processes, designing new IT services and delivering IT projects for the companies UK business. You will have opportunities to build your technical skills in servers, storage, end user computing, networks, security, software development and business intelligence.
By the end of the training programme you’ll be equipped to manage IT at a site or provide a level of technical expertise as part the central IT Team.
The successful candidate will be educated to Degree level in an IT related discipline and be passionate about forging a career working within IT. You will have the ability to quickly extract relevant information from large and complex scenarios and appreciate how methodologies can support great customer service. You will be able to translate complex technical scenarios into solutions that the business understands
You will be a strong communicator with the ability to influence others and recognise that IT is a service along with excellent attention to detail and be analytical in your approach.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and vibrant team in an all-encompassing training programme!
You must hold a full UK driving licence
Start date 4th September
International Development Co-ordinator
We have an amazing opportunity for an International Development
Co-ordinator to join a market leading logistics business within the West Midlands.
Role: International Development Co-ordinator
Location: West Midlands
Purpose of the Role:
As the International Development Coordinator you will provide specialist international advice for the successful planning, implementation, testing and monitoring of new international solutions and initiatives. Working closely with the International Product Development Team Leader to deliver new projects, oversee key strategic customers in new International initiatives and develop current international services.
• To plan, document and co-ordinate all requirements, implementation, testing, go live and monitoring for new International product development initiatives
• Communicating any changes to International Services and project development progress to the Product Development Team Leader, Service and Development Manager, Director of International Operations and any other departments as required
• To identify and investigate opportunities for improving product development initiatives and any projects managed by the team and any other aspects of the International products and services
• Implementing training of the International Team and other internal departments as necessary on new products, services and International procedures
• To pro-actively monitor and provide in depth analysis of all new services to identify potential issues or trends and take remedial action as appropriate
• To develop and maintain action and issue logs where necessary to ensure all project deadlines are met
• To liaise with the International team as required to support the handover of any new products and services developed
• Preparing slides and presentations as required to communicate updates on projects and product development
• To undertake specific projects or other duties as required by the Product Development Team Leader, Service and Development Manager or Director of International Operations
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level with a minimum 2.1 classification ideally in a numerical related degree. You will be confident in using Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint and have a professional attitude along with excellent organisational skills.
You will be an assertive and confident communicator and be a creative thinker along with excellent time management skills
International Operations Coordinator
We have an amazing opportunity for an International Operations Coordinator to join a market leading logistics business within the Midlands.
Role: International Operations Coordinator
Purpose of the Role:
As the International Operations Coordinator you will deliver operational and service support, propose solutions and make recommendations to the International Management team. You will liaise with suppliers, partners and HMRC to maintain compliance, support the resolution of operational and service issues as well as ensuring records are maintained in accordance with AEO and business requirements.
● Maintain records, report and resolve noncompliance including Customs EAD, MSS data and Customs Seizures relating to the International operation
● Provide documented analysis and recommend remedial actions in line with our AEO Procedures and support all AEO audit assessments
● Support the International Management team in ensuring the business is compliant with HMRC, ISO regulations and AEO procedures in relation to the international and offshore operation
● Provide weekly KPI updates to the International Management team on key business areas
● Proactively identify and resolve service performance issues on core products ensuring actions are completed to improve overall and first time success
● Conduct trend analysis on receipt of any escalations relating to export and inbound non-compliance and submit a report of actions for resolution. Investigate customer and supplier queries or complaints relating to the International and offshore operation
● Monitor, record and report operational performance on a daily basis and escalate any non compliance in a timely manner to ensure service is maintained
● Support the International Management team in setting up new International accounts to ensure the successful operational implementation of new business
The successful candidate will be competent in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word and have excellent analytical and problem solving skills. You will possess strong organisational skills and have the ability to prioritise and plan your workload.
You will be an assertive and confident communicator and be a creative thinker along with excellent time management skills. A previous knowledge of working within the Logistics/Transport industry would be advantageous
International Value Added Service Coordinator
We have an amazing opportunity for an International Value Added Services Coordinator to join a market leading logistics business within the Midlands.
Role: International Value Added Service Coordinator
● To deliver pro-active service in all aspects of the Value Added and International Mail jobs undertaken on behalf of our clients UK customers
● To provide quotations and bespoke solutions for approved Value Added UK customers thus maintaining sustainable contribution for the business
● To monitor the Returns Portal service and pro-actively raise any issues with suppliers, and to support customers and colleagues with any queries relating to the Returns Portal
● To analyse customer profiles and attain the best service and cost provider from Value Added suppliers
● To develop supplier relationships to maintain SLA’s and identify cost efficiencies for Value Added and International Mail suppliers
● To ensure timely and accurate billing information for all Value Added products
● To assist in resolution of all customer/supplier queries and complaints relating to all our International services
● To keep an administrative audit trail at all times and ensure jobs are followed through to resolution
● To provide assistance with Network enquiries and International products and services
The successful candidate will have experience within Freight Forwarding and have excellent interpersonal skills. You will be customer focused and organized with the ability to prioritize and plan your workload.
You will be a self-starter who takes initiative and be flexible in approach to additional duties. You must have experience in MS Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint
Graduate Sales Advisors
A Classic Car Insurance Broker is looking for Graduate Sales Advisors to join their expanding team.
Job Title: Graduate Sales Advisor
Salary: 16,000 plus shift allowance 1500 and an uncapped bonus.
Purpose of the role:
To generate income for the business by writing quality new business, renewal and add on sales whilst achieving target on fee collection and transfer to fleet leads.
The sales advisor will deal with inbound and outbound calls and will manage their time effectively to achieve all KPI targets. They will provide an excellent service to all of our customers and will ensure that business quality and compliance are of the highest standard.
Ensure all Key Performance Indicators are achieved/exceeded (new business Income and conversion rate, renewal income and retention rate, add-on sales, transfer to fleet, cross selling private car, travel and home insurance, outbound and inbound call handling statistics, fee collection and TIFCO) and are attained compliantly within FCA regulation
Acting upon coaching/training to successfully overcome performance challenges
Achieve the high standards expected with call compliance and monthly file audits
Following the prescribed company cycle to Invite and chase renewals
Set up and chase ‘hot-leads’ for any unsold new business quote/renewal
Deliver and maintain excellent levels of customer service and ensure first call resolution with every customer contact
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to degree level with previous Customer Service or Sales experience. You will be IT Literate to a high standard, numerate with excellent attention to detail, persuasive and self-motivated but happy to use your own initiative. An excellent communicator who is able to work under limited supervision
Graduate Transport Planner
We have an amazing opportunity for a Graduate Transport Planner to join a market leading logistics business within the West Midlands.
Role: Graduate Transport Planner
Purpose of the Role:
As the Graduate Transport Planner you will be working centrally within the business, your role will work directly with Senior Managers in order to produce insightful reports of exceptional quality to tight deadlines which will drive improvements within the business and form part of their key business decisions.
You will work with vast amounts of data within the business, this will utilise your advanced Excel and problem solving skills to answer key questions, pulling out relevant information and presenting in a clear and concise manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
Analysing and manipulating data available to report on volumes of parcels
Monitoring and assessing the progress of on-going projects
Identifying ways to reduce costs by implementation of agreed processes
Liaising with Senior Management to resolve any issues and promote efficiency’s
Liaising with the Network to arrange ad-hoc collections
Liaising with Depot Management and Operations Support in order to resolve any issues
Maintaining effective communication between Senior Managers and other areas of the business
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level with a minimum 2.1 classification in a numerical related degree and will ideally have experience of working within a similar environment. You will be confident in using Excel and able to present detailed findings to senior management.
You will be a confident communicator and you must possess excellent problem solving skills along with the ability to work efficiently and to agreed timescales. If you enjoy working with data and you can engage with the content of your work with a ‘right first time’ mentality then this is the role for you.
International Service Coordinator
We have an amazing opportunity for a International Service Coordinator to join a market leading logistics business within the West Midlands.
Role: International Service Coordinator
Location: West Midlands
Purpose of the Role:
As the International Service Coordinator you will provide a proactive resolution to service performance issues using cause analysis reports and liaise with other departments within the International business team:
• Identify opportunities for service improvements on all International Air products
• Implement operational procedures
• Proactively monitor all International Air Services
• Provide assistance with network enquiries
• Provide cross functional support for all products and services across the team.
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to degree level with a minimum 2.1 classification in a numerical related degree. You will be confident in using Excel and able to present detailed findings to senior management.
You will be a confident communicator and you must possess excellent problem solving skills along with the ability to work efficiently and to agreed timescales. If you enjoy working with data and you can engage with the content of your work with a ‘right first time’
Kate is a breath of fresh air for the recruitment industry, she cares unlike any other recruiter I have worked with previously. She makes sure that the role fits the person and also that the person fits the company by maintaining a professional relationship with delegates throughout the process. Since securing a new role with help and guidance from Kate, I have had no hesitation recommending her to former colleagues. I am very grateful for Kate and don’t doubt that she will continue to expand KAG Recruitment Consultancy in the future.Sophie Wooldridge